Monday Morning Blues

Time : 7 AM Early Monday morning
Partied late into the night.Hangover still continues.Nothing doing have to reach office in time for the meeting with Boss!
Time :8:00 AM
Location:Some Office
Boss - What is the difference between a job and a career?
I have no fucking clue what is the difference between the two,neither have I thought about it.But since my boss has asked there must be some difference.After much thinking I replied
"Job is something which we do for our living and career is our constant progress in the profession"
I felt like giving out sermon from the Bible.But somehow it felt bloody good.
Boss - No ,no!Its a simple one word answer.The difference between the two is simple,its "perspective".
Thats cheating!Never did you mention you wanted a one word answer.Even if you wanted one how am I supposed to know which fucking word you have in mind.

Boss - Your productivity for the previous week has been .689 against the one previous to it which showed .748 and also a 12.23% decrease in productivity over the last month's performance.
Can someone please ban Excel!I can understand if you have some numbers in front of you analysis can be done.However something so subjective like "productivity" cannot be expressed with accuracy upto the third decimal point!
Me - "I have been working hard however I will put in more effort from now onwards."
I cant believe he actually bought this!

Boss - Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
I dont know when is the next time I am going to take a bath leave alone 5yrs into the future.Third World War surely would have destroyed life till then!
Would like to grow with this organisation and seek a prominent position both in terms of responsibility and designation which would help me propel me further into my career.
Had memorised this answer since college times for the interviews!

Did the above conversation sound familiar?Those into the professional field certainly must have had similar experiences sometimes or the other.The point I am trying to drive here is the amount of hypocrisy in our day to day lives.It is very easy to walk out of the meeting room and start bitching about your boss.Does that help us even one bit.If we can find ways to add value to the work we do I am sure the work place certainly would be a better place to be.Please think over it.
With love,
Avique



Comments

  1. Your productivity for this post has been .748 against the one previous to it which was .689 and also a 8.56% increase in productivity over the last blogging performance. In nutshell .. Kudos !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I beg to differ. Its actually .792 versus .791 for the previous one, which is x% (can't be bothered to calculate actual value).
    See, its all about perspective!

    Who said the truth's out there? Its right here in this blog! Keep goin Dada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you Five years from now..!!!
    2 bacho ka baap.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Date with One Zero Zero

Memories in March

From Russia with love